In time for the Thanksgiving holiday, Destination America, the television network that celebrates the people, places and stories of our country, released a study conducted by Nielsen that focuses on the behaviors of
people during this week's holiday. Here are a few nuggets from the study:
· 23% of people surveyed said they would like to share Thanksgiving dinner with Big Bird and another 23% selected Tim Tebow.
· Approximately one-third of A25-54 (35%) say the Thanksgiving holiday is
stress-free for them while 29% claim the most stressful part of the day is the food preparation. More men 25-54 than women said the holiday was stress free for them (40% M vs. 30% W).
· Men 25-54 are more likely than women to look forward to Thanksgiving Day football games (64% M vs. 31% W) though more women look forward to the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade (43% W vs. 20% M).
· Men and women can agree on one thing about Thanksgiving: family comes first. When asked about their "ideal" Thanksgiving, most Americans say it is "having all of your loved ones under one roof."
· When it comes to food, the side dish stuffing is the top choice as to which Thanksgiving recipe is handed down from generation to generation. More than half of A25-54 (56%) say their stuffing recipe was handed down from previous generations.
· Pumpkin pie was selected by 44% of Americans as their favorite holiday pie with 21% choosing apple, 13% selecting pecan pie and 12% liking sweet potato pie.
· When it comes to taking advantage of Black Friday or Cyber Monday deals, more than one-third of Americans (36%) say they do not holiday shop on either day.
Source: Cynopsis Media, Nov. 21, 2012
Tango Media Management